Wednesday, April 27, 2011

An Update

I realize I haven’t been updating my blog much lately, but I have had a lot of other things to think about. While looking for a job, initially without much success, I was not really feeling up to writing. In addition, my laptop, which has been in the process of dying on me over the last several months, may have died for good and, until I find out if it can be repaired, any drafts of posts I was working on are still stuck on my computer until it is either repaired or if I know it can’t be repaired I can transfer all my files to the machine I’m using now. It is my dad’s laptop and, as he will be buying a new one sometime in the next couple months, I will be using his laptop as my primary computer.

But now I have a new job and am working full time for the first time in over 5 months. It is another cooking job and, as this job may lead to management possibilities, I will give the industry one more chance and see if I can make this work for me. It is one of the best restaurants in town and they place a focus on local ingredients and sustainability, principles very important to me. While my computer issues are not yet resolved, they are at least stabilized. I will have some recipes for you shortly.

Thanks for staying with me, even if have not been posting often lately.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Evan. What an exciting time for you. I envy you that excitement some. To have the new change, a field you know and could excel in. New places and new friends. I can understand why the blog takes back seat. However remember when you do write , you do it very well, and we enjoy it even more. I was stunned by your piece on democracy. I loved it. I look forward to more of your writing.
    Hugs,
    Scottie

    ReplyDelete